Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Blog #6: Two Types of People

Dog and cat.  Coffee and tea.  Nick Carraway and Tom Buchanan.  Chocolate and vanilla.   Shopping malls and online shopping.

Everyone knows there are two types of people in this world.  What two types of people do you feel are in this world?  What are they (to you)?  Elaborate on what you feel are the differences between these two groups of people.

This blog is due Friday, November 17th.  Your response should be at least 200 words.  Include a word count with your response.

18 comments:

  1. There are a plethora of opposites in this world, usually divided about foods or brands. One of the most common that goes along the lines of both food and brand, is Coca-Cola or Pepsi. Ah yes, the feud of over one hundred years. Coca-Cola was created just three years before Pepsi-Cola Co. in 1886. I personally enjoy the taste of pepsi more. It seems a bit sweeter and less carbonated in my opinion. But I enjoy the coca-cola brand more. I love the colors, the logo, the products the company as a whole provides, I love that it was essentially the original soda. The first soft drink. The history is just as fascinating. For instance, did you know coca-cola put cocaine in the drink up until the early 1900’s. Just a small amount to add flavor, but still interesting. With this, it really isn’t an important feud, more so, just what you prefer in flavor. I don’t think it matters much to me or anyone else for the most part, but there is still a divide. Though there will always be someone who, when prompted by a waitress, if coke is fine instead of pepsi, they will not respond happy.
    WC: 200

    ReplyDelete
  2. In today's world there are many different kinds of people, but when it comes to phones there are only two types. There are those who prefer Apple and those who prefer Samsung. Both companies are very successful. Although if you ask which brand is better your answer will differ depending on the type of person. For example in my household my mom is a Samsung person while I’m an Apple kind of person. Because my mom pays for my phone I’m forced to live the Samsung life. Many people like Apple due to the simple display on all of their phones. If you look at Samsung not all their phones have the same display. But unlike apple you're able to change and customize the display to your liking. However Samsung has proven to be cheaper due to the new iPhone X costing about $999. Whereas with the newest Samsung phone, the Galaxy S8, expect a price of around $750. One major area that people look at when buying a phone is the amount of storage it has. With Samsung phones you can store more than you would on iPhones. iPhones do come in different storage sizes but, as the sizes increase so does the price. So when it comes down to it there will always be two types of people in this world, those who prefer Apple and those who prefer Samsung.
    WC 232

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technology dominates today’s world, and tech companies reign supreme. But one of the big debates in the tech community is Microsoft or Apple. Some choose Apple for the simplicity and user-friendly UI. Others choose Microsoft for the availability and wide range of different programs you can run using a Microsoft OS. Apple is definitely marketed towards people aren’t super tech savvy, and just want to have a phone or computer that it easy to use. That’s why iPhones are so successful due to their easy to use UI. Even with a $1,000 price tag, millions around the world lined up days in advance to buy the new iPhone X. Although Apple may have Microsoft beat in the cell phone department, Microsoft is definitely a seasoned veteran in the OS theatre. Microsoft came out with its first operating system in 1985, and has seen nine major changes to it since. Microsoft is a favorite amongst schools due to its relative cheap cost and wide array of programs it can run. Windows is also a favorite amongst PC gamers due to its ability to better run games than an Apple OS. I personally have only ever, and continue to use, Microsoft OS’s. I mainly use a Microsoft OS just because of its price and capability. In the end, it’s really up to personal preference on which products you want to use and what purpose you need to accomplish with them.
    WC: 239

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my mind, there are two types of people: coffee and tea. Coffee, obviously, is the most widespread, and coffee lovers defend their fervent love of their favorite drink quite viciously. Internet memes and blogs are dedicated to daily coffee, and everyone loves to share a laugh about how coffee keeps them going. I, however, am a tea person. I find coffee too bitter, and I love to try different flavors and spices of tea, a sweet drink. My favorite tea in the world is from the Coffee Steamer, where I get Green Tea Lemonade with peach and mango flavoring, an item that I recommended to my friends and ordered so often, it was featured on the summer menu-- so yes, I am a very big tea lover. While iced coffee can be ordered from franchises such as Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, it is not a widespread summer drink. Iced tea, however, is a summer staple, and a variant, sweet tea, is especially popular in the South. Tea is a much more versatile drink to people who like different varieties of a favorite instead of the same thing everyday. In my mind, coffee people need the caffeine boost to get them through the day and are heavily addicted to their favorite drink. Tea people, however, just want a sweet drink, warm or cold, to brighten their day.
    WC 227

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are two types of people in this world. There are the introverts and the extroverts. I myself am an extrovert. I feel as if extroverts tell you exactly what they are thinking which can be a good thing, but it can also be a very bad thing. Introverts keep to themselves and rarely talk. They would rather spend the day inside reading a good book than hanging out with a bunch of friends. Many introverts dislike being around large groups, especially if the crowd is boisterous. Extroverts tend to like to be the center of attention which can have its positives and negatives. The positives are the fact that they can get things done because they are outgoing and can lead the group better. The negative is the arguments and fights that can occur when two or more extroverts are around each other. Introverts are more likely to handle problems themselves whereas extroverts can work together well because they do not have a problem communicating, being around many people, or having attention put on them. Ultimately, the world has two types of people, extroverts and introvert. Neither of which are better than the other. Both have their own positives and negatives.
    W.C. 202

    ReplyDelete
  6. This world is full of different types of people. However, if I were to categorize everyone into two categories, I would choose thankful and unthankful. It is these two types of people that most heavily impact our society. The group of thankful people inspire our society to live happily and thankfully through each test and trial of life. The unthankful group of people that continually complain about life and its difficulties seem to present our life with gloom and darkness. Thankful people brighten the lives of others wherever they go. These people impact this world in a positive way giving inspiration and zeal to the lives of those they come into contact with. Those individuals that are thankful are content. Their lives become more simple than the uncontent, unthankful people who continually run after some form of entertainment which they assume will bring joy. The thankful, which we have concluded are more content, thus more simple, find joy from the smallest things in life; the little things that are actually the big things. Family, peace, friends, faith etc. These individuals understand that happiness doesn’t come from material belongings or entertainment. It is all a deeper, inward joy, a gratitude for what they have and for the others they love. This gratitude results in thankfulness which shines brighter than the sun wherever they go!
    WC: 223

    ReplyDelete
  7. The two types of people in this world, to me, are hard workers and lazy people. I know many people who work so hard to accomplish anything that they want to and other people who just sit back and either make someone else do the work or just hope that the reward comes their way. The lazy people don’t understand anything about working hard to accomplish their goals or feeling the gratification of doing something on their own. They are the ones who are sitting inside and sleeping or playing video games, while the hard working people go out and try to make the world a better place. They will just sit back and wait for someone to pick them up and carry them across the finish line. The hard workers on the other hand will try to do everything they can to make their dreams come true. They study for tests, turn in papers on time, and work a couple extra hours at their jobs. They know what it is really like to see your hard work pay off through various things like a college scholarship or landing that dream job that they have always wanted. Without both of these groups of people in the world, it wouldn’t be the same.

    W. C. 212

    ReplyDelete


  8. As I look around and analyze the two different types of people in this world, two is a very specific number and may be inaccurate, however, I see the two kinds of people as: pen and pencil. The pen person can be described as not afraid to make mistakes, mostly all of the time happy and confident with their decisions that they make. Most tend to be more outspoken, extroverts, with a sense of purpose in life. On the other hand, pencil people. Pencil people are uncertain of a mistake that might be made and have the eraser to correct that mistake at any point. Pencil people tend to be more introverted and not sure of themselves. I find that I am a pencil person, much more than a pen person. I find it helpful to have the eraser there so that I can erase things when I mess up. Another difference between pen and pencil people is that pen people are more adventurous and more likely to do something that would be out of their comfort zone, something that would challenge them. Pencil people like to stay in their comfort zones and do things that make them comfortable. Nothing that would push them to do something crazy or wild.

    WC: 210

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the world of writing tools, there are two basic kinds of pencil users. Those who use mechanical pencils and those who use the wooden pencils. Today most people use mechanical pencils because they are very handy. I personally prefer mechanical pencils over wooden pencils because I don’t like having a dull pencil and having to get up in the middle of class with every pair of eyes from the class staring at me. If the lead of your pencil breaks, you can just push down on the eraser for more lead. With a wooden pencil, you would have to get up in the middle of a class and use the pencil sharpener. Have the time, the pencil sharpeners don’t work right and end up eating your pencil instead on sharpening. Mechanical pencils are always sharp enough and ready to use. When you pull a wooden pencil out of your pencil bag, you have to check it’s dullness and often enough, it’s broken or not sharp enough.
    W.C:167

    ReplyDelete
  10. In today’s world there are thousands of things that people differently, especially when it comes to eating certain foods. There are two types of people in this world, the ones that peel their string cheese or the monsters that just bite into it like it’s a raw carrot. In my mind the people that are normal human beings enjoy the satisfaction they get from slowly pulling apart the strings of cheese, leaving the extra strays dangle. Then you have those inhumane people who just chomp down on the cheese stick leaving their snaggle teeth marks engraved in the cheese stick. For example, I am that person that has to peel my cheese stick till the very last piece can be peeled. Then my buddy ole pal, Zac is that kind of person who just dives right in without a care in the world. But in his defense, he eats his at work for a snack. So when he doesn’t have time to wash his hands or sit down and watch the magic happen as you split apart the cheese, he hurrys up and just digs into the cheese stick and quickly chows it down in three bites. Don’t be that kind of person who doesn’t enjoy their cheese stick. Be the person who calmly and satisfyingly peels each strangle little by little, it’ll change your life.
    W.C. 226

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe that there are two types of people in this world, there are dog people and cat people. This has often been a big topic and people have used this to “judge” people based on their preference between dogs and cats. The type of animal you choose reflects who you are. What I mean by this is that often the owner of a pet is like the pet. I think dog owners are very loyal and like the outdoors, like how dogs love outside and are often very loyal to their owner and family. On the other hand, cats are very lazy, laidback, independent, and carefree. This can be how cat owners act too, lazy and carefree. Even though I love my cat and he is very loyal to me, I am a dog person. I’m a dog person because I enjoy the company of all dogs and love how personal the dogs can be. Another reason I prefer dogs over cats because they are often more friendly and they act more as your best friend. My favorite type of dog is a Golden Retriever which both my family and brother have. Maggie and Duke, my family and brothers dog, are apart of our family and we treat them like that too.

    Word Count: 213

    ReplyDelete
  12. In the world of sci-fi movies there are two kinds of people and you are either Star Wars or Star Trek. Star Trek started as a television show in the late 1960’s and was it wa a huge success that it had other shows made from the source material and new shows of the same universe with new characters. Recently Star Trek has made a come back into the Science Fiction genre of movies with the reboots made within the last decade. Star Wars, created by the Sci-Fi genius George Lucas in 1977 with the classic Star War (Later to be named Episode IV: A New Hope). Lucas’s inspiration was from Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. The series is 7 films strong with another on the way soon. Also Star Wars has claim to an extensive universe outside of the movies. I personally enjoy the Star Wars franchise since I grew up watching them and that was the sci-fi franchise to watch. I saw the Star Trek movies when I was older and enjoyed them, but I couldn’t forget the good memories as a kid of playing Star Wars with my friends at recess. Both franchises a good and full of interesting stories, but you cannot like them both, since they are two different franchises for one, and they have nothing in common with each other, except the use of spaceships, and laser weapons. You can be a Trekkie or Star Wars fan, but you cannot be both. WC: 248

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are two types of people in this world, morning people and night owls. There often seems like there is no in between. The morning person often wakes up extra early in order to achieve goals, they tend to be somebody who is striving for something. The night owls usually like to put things off for later, which can be a good and bad thing. Most people in today’s age tend to be night owls, because often they are very busy during the day and want to have some time to themselves, the only way to do that is to stay up later. Years ago being a morning person was more common than it is now, because people spent more time doing things they wanted to rather than going to work or school all the time. In today’s fast paced world, people just do not have as much time as they used to. I believe this trend will continue because the world seems to be getting faster paced everyday. I have been both people at various points in my life, I used to be more of a morning person, when I had more time, but as I have grown and had less time to myself, I would consider myself more of a night person.

    WC: 214

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are two types of people in this world, people who listen to rap music and the ones who listen to country. Although there are people who listen to both, usually people who listen to country, don’t listen to rap, and vice versa. Depending on what kind of person you are, you listen to either rap or country. For example, my dad hates country but likes more rap related music. Then you have my mom, who hates rap music and only listens to country. I listen to both myself. My boyfriend chase, listens to both as well. When you think of people listening to country music, you probably think of them being from a small, farm town or them even living on a farm. When you think of people listening to rap music, you probably think of people who live in the city. Most rap songs are more upbeat and fast pace. The singers in the songs, sing really fast, to where it’s almost like they’re speaking. Country songs are both upbeat and slow. Country songs usually tell more of a story, in my opinion. Where in rap music i feel as if they say a bunch of random stuff that rhymes. There are two different types of people in this world, people who listen to country or rap music.
    W.C. 220

    ReplyDelete

  16. I believe that there are two types of people in the world and how they choose to eat their streak. There are people who eat their steak cooked and people who like their steak still mooing on their plate. How do you like your steak cooked? I like my steak medium rare, it's cooked but just enough that the steak is still soft enough to chew. The people that destroy steak are the people who like their steak rare. The steak is browned on the outside and beating red on the center. That piece of steak looks like it was just cut off the cow a moment before they served it on a plate for you to eat. Those people might as well walk up to the cow themselves and take a bite out of it. My older sister Katrina eats her steak very rare and we always say that the cow is going to moo back at her. I feel as if these people are a little off or maybe a little too bold for me personally. Maybe I like to think that my meat is safe enough to eat before I devour my food.

    WC- 196

    ReplyDelete
  17. Athleticism: the physical qualities that are characteristic of athletes, such as strength, fitness, and agility.: "what he lacks in stature, he more than makes up for with speed and athleticism". I feel that there are two different types of people who coexist in this world. One subgroup is known as athletes. The other can be classified as non-athletic. We see all types in the hallways of our very own school. Would you label yourself as an athlete? I would call myself athletic due to my involvement in volleyball, basketball, and track. I can even state that I am very athletic by holding the only state appearance in girls track this past year. I would contrast this a non-athletic person who might not be coordinated enough to participate in sports at an advanced level. Some might generalize students as ungraceful even in uncomplicated exercises such as walking. Don’t get me wrong, those who are not considered athletic are very successful in many areas other than physical activities. They might find better success in academics. It is true that you can evolve from non-athletic to an advanced athlete. No one is born a basketball player. We all start as infants by crawling and then walking before we run. You can also develop into an athletic person through proper training. You might have heard that the infamous Michael Jordan didn’t make his junior high basketball team. He trained and practiced to become the athlete he was.

    WC: 243

    ReplyDelete
  18. As the world spins, there millions of things I could compare but won’t. Some things that I could compare are dogs to cats or chocolate to strawberry. But, what I will compare is hot coco (Hot Chocolate) to Coffee. To me personally coffee is disgusting I have no idea how people can drink it. On the other hand I know some people who just refuse to drink Hot Chocolate with/without marshmallows. I can not go a year without drinking hot chocolate due to the fact that it is so good and warms you up just by folding the cup that it is in close to you. To me personally the coffee drinkers are them and I am me. Yes, I can say that I have actually drank coffee before but, I will never drink it ever again due to the bitter and sweetness of it. That mixture should never be done, ever. I know this is very childish but, if you think about it coffee is caffeine, caffeine is a drug, so in other words coffee is a drug in a way. Haven’t people been shoving the phrase just say no to drugs down our throats since kindergarden maybe even preschool?
    W.C. 202




    ReplyDelete