Favorites. We all have them. Books, songs, movies, bands, subjects, times of the year, food, etc. What is one of your favorites, and what about it makes it so special to you? Be sure to include many details, so your reader can experience your favorite in the manner in which you do.
This response should be at least 150 words, no more than 200 words. Post a word count at the end of your post.
This blog is due Wednesday, December 13th.
I will admit that I am a movie addict. I go to the movies so often I’m surprised they don’t know my name or make assumptions of what I came to see. One of my favorite movies of all time is the historical film The Imitation Game starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley. The movie was nominated for a whopping 8 Academy Awards and took home the win for best writing adapted screenplay. I love this movie become it is historically accurate for the most part, and shows a lot of development for all of the characters. An outstanding display of visual storytelling and an impressive performance from all the actors leads to an amazing film. The Imitation Game is one of those films you might go back to every couple years or so because of how good it was. You want to remember the setting and the costumes worn. You want to experience a dramatic scene, and Benedict Cumberbatch will take you there. The cinematography is gorgeous and puts you in the movie. This is a film I always recommend to any friends looking for a movie to watch.
ReplyDeleteWC: 190
My favorite is blankets. I love having an abundance of blankets, especially on my bed. I usually have anywhere from 3-4 blankets on my bed at night. I love using them, even when it’s warm out. I crank down the air conditioning, just so I can use my blankets. I always get at least one new blanket for Christmas or my Birthday. Blankets are special to me, because they’re always there for me to snuggle up in. I especially love when it’s cold outside and you can just run inside and cover up, or even after swimming. I love very soft blankets. For some reason, all my blankets are always grey. I’m very bad at sharing my blankets, and i love to sleep with certain ones every night. I even take my blankets with me when i’m going to stay at another house. I couldn’t imagine my life without blankets.
ReplyDeleteW.C. 150
I already know that my favorite thing is going to different from someone else’s favorite thing, but for me my favorite thing in the entire world is reading. I can either read for days straight or not rad at all for almost six months. Reading has the ability to take you anywhere that you want to go without leaving where you are reading. Reading has helped me realize that I am not the only person that loves to read; so many people do as well. Reading can help me realize what I didn’t understand or didn’t comprehend before, for example; me in economics. To explain that in a little bit more, I have to read the actual book to understand what is going on in the chapter. That is just for learning anyway, for leisure I will normally just change into some sweatpants and read and read till I either get hungry or remember that I have homework. Then I normally scramble to get my homework done, so I can read again. When I’m reading, I don’t care what is going on around me, it's just me and my book as well as music, in the background.
ReplyDeleteW.C. 197
Nature’s beauty: my favorite! I have been inspired so many times by the simple beauty, persistence, and timing of nature. From an early age, I discovered this passion and have never since lost it. It has become one of the more important things in my life. I frequently, on clear nights, stand outside gazing up into the vastness of darkness that never ends sprinkled with the light of glowing stars. A single blade of grass blowing in the force of wind also inspires me. These small things have helped me to take hold of hope in hard times as well as in easy times. Just the same as the beauty of nature has inspired my life, I have become inspired to help it and interact with it. I have become a passionate gardener. There are few things that are more rewarding than harvesting an abundance of fruits and vegetables and being able to share with family and friends. I do not expect this favorite pastime of mine to ever conclude and I look forward to many years of inspiration and harvest!
ReplyDeleteWC: 181
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteA brown paper bag all tied up with string, this is one of my favorite things; food! Food, who doesn’t love it. Food is probably one of my favorite things just because it’s just wonderful in all aspects. When your together with family for the holiday’s what do you usually do? EAT! It’s just great, you all can share with each other and it’s a way to bond with others. I know growing up, we would always go to my great grandmas and we would make cookies galore. I’m pretty sure we had enough cookies at on point to feed the who town. One of my only memories from my great grandma comes from eating one of her cookies. The memories I have with food, like eating lunch all throughout school and the dumb things we would try to do. In junior high we would try to see how many graham crackers we could fit in our mouths. Food just makes everyone happy, it fulfills your hungry and then afterward you feel so satisfied and then you can take a nap, which is my second favorite thing!;)
ReplyDeleteW.C. 187
ReplyDeleteI'm not the type of person who likes to sit at home and be in the company of myself. I think one of my favorite things to do is to be around people. Being around people makes me feel more connected to everyone and I like to have a strong bond with people that I hold close to me. I love being around my big family because there's always something going on. I never go to a family event with the mindset that it will be boring. Even when I hangout with my friends, we all know how to have a good time together. The best part is laughing with everyone, there's always that one person who has a laugh that contagious and it makes everyone laugh just a little bit harder. I like most people, so if i’m spending quality time with you that just means I like you a little bit more. I’m glad that I have been blessed with the people in my life because my favorite thing wouldn’t be possible without them.
WC- 176
I’m the kind of person that has a hard time pinning down what is my favorite of something, like tv shows, movies, and books. However, it’s a totally different story when it comes to my favorite band. My favorite band is The Beatles hands down. The Beatles are one the most iconic and influential bands of the twentieth century. Not only did they completely change rock music, they introduced ideas to music that was never thought possible before, such as adding instruments like the sitar to a rock song. My dad is a huge 60’s rock fan so a huge part of my childhood was the Beatles. One of the things I love about the Beatles is that no song is the same. With artists today, there are some who you can point out that their songs are copies of their older hits. Each Beatles song has its own unique sound, story, and overall feel to it. Take the song Revolution for example, It starts out with a very loud and rockous electric guitar solo but it’s lyrics talk of world peace and solving problems with non-violent solutions. That is why the Beatles are my favorite band.
ReplyDeleteWC 197
My absolutely favorite animal of all time are goats. Everyone mostly knows that I love goats already, but I love them so much that I have to write about them. Goats have been my favorite animal since freshman year. That was when we got our first goat. This animal appealed to me because of how funny they are. They love to have staring contests with you and will definitely run you down for a couple strands of pasta. Goats are like the weird cousin of the sheep and their babies… I could watch them jump around for hours at a time and never get bored. I now have fourteen goats, with more on the way, but I know every one of their personalities and the different noises that they make. Having goats is like having kids. They can annoy you, but you will always love them no matter what they do or say.
ReplyDeleteW. C. 153
One of my favorite things are dogs. From a young age I have always loved all kinds of animals. However growing up I also had a dog in my family. This made my love for dogs grow larger. Dogs have a special way of making my heart melt just by the sight of them. Their furry bodies and cute faces are sure to get me every time. Growing up I have always had dogs in my house. With dogs I feel a special connection with them. For many they are just pets, but for me my dog is a family member. My dog, Abby, is a Yorkie mix. She is full of energy and spunk. She has a way of always making me smile even when I’m down. In my opinion dogs are a lot like humans. They can walk, eat, and sleep with humans. I know when I return home I can count on my dog to greet me at the door.
ReplyDeleteWC 163
Whenever I am home and am bored with what is going on I usually do one of two things. I either watch movies or listen to music. I prefer to watch movies especially directed by Stanley Kubrick. To many people that watch his films are confused to the point that they are upset since it made no sense to them. However I am not like them, I enjoy his films as if they were a religion watching them during specific times of the year. One in particular, The Shining is a masterpiece that always gets me excited to watch more of Kubrick’s films. The reason I enjoy The Shining is because of all the little set pieces and all the connections to other events of history. For instance the movie is set in a hotel in Colorado, and the hotel’s theme in many of its rooms are of native americans. As the movie progresses less is seen of the natives, which gives the movie and undertone that it is about how Americans ran off the natives of their lands, or what some would the American genocide. I would recommend everyone at some point in their life to watch this movie.
ReplyDeleteWC:200
This may seem odd, but my favorite show of all time is The Twilight Zone. Although the video and sound qualities aren't great and the show is in black and white, I think it is one of the most revolutionary shows of the time. When it was created in the 1950’s, the United States was under constant threat of nuclear attacks and lived in fear. The show was created as a way to divert attention away from the very real fears of the population and to made up stories. The show used its platform to make political statements about prejudice and human error. One of my favorite episodes, Monsters are Due on Maple Street, shows how easily humans could give in to fear and tear each other apart. Even though the Twilight Zone was created for the politically charged environment of the Cold War, it is a timeless classic still relevant today.
ReplyDeleteWC: 152
Tis’ the season to be jolly, especially for me because December centers around my favorite time of the year; Christmas. What else could put someone more in the spirit than sparkling crystal lights, trees strung with decorations, festive music, and time well spent with family? All of these attributes add to why Christmas is one of my favorite Holidays. Nothing gets me more excited than seeing flurrying snow as I come down our wooden stairs to the smiling faces of my family and presents stacked around our tree. It creates a special feeling inside me that no other holiday can. Also on my list of reasons why I value this holiday the most is that I don’t have to attend school for an extended amount of time. My brain FINALLY gets to vacation from the endless loop of information I get slammed with every week. To top all of these positives off, I also get to sleep in. Christmas gifts me with a feeling that no other holiday could give me, for this reason it is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteWC: 178
Out of all of my seasons, fall is my favorite. There are many reason that I have a love for fall. My absolute favorite thing about fall is the colors that come along with the season. The colors are bright and beautiful. Leaves are the prime example of the vibrant colors fall has; trees bloom with bright yellows and oranges that brings a cozy feeling upon you. I love the feeling that fall gives you. It reminds me of sitting by a fire in a fireplace wrapped up in a cozy blanket. Another thing that I love about fall is the weather. What I mean by this is that the temperature of fall is perfect. Seventy degrees with a slight breeze is my favorite weather because it isn’t scorching hot but also isn’t freezing out. I always associate fall with sweatshirts which are my absolute favorite type of clothing. My favorite season is fall which contains some of my other favorite things.
ReplyDeleteWord Count: 162
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite time of the year is late spring and early summer, when the flowers are in full bloom and the weather is a relaxing 70 degrees. The season truly makes up for the treacherous and terror filled winter which usually batters Central Illinois with an unexplained ferocity. Outdoor sports return such as baseball and nothing sounds better than the crack of the bat in May. The season is like the Christmas of May/June, but it’s not about arbitrary gifts, but rather the beautiful gifts that mother nature gives us. Nothing is better than taking a couple of minutes, or hours if there is time, just to sit in a chair and look over the outdoors and experience great relaxing. You do not need to go to Florida to experience this, in fact at times being Florida can be even more stressful than Central Illinois. This season is unlike any other in Illinois and sometimes you just have to learn to love the little things in life.
ReplyDeleteWC: 168
There are so many things that I would classify as my favorite. But, then I think of summertime. Summer is definitely my all time favorite season. I appreciate each time of year, but summer just beats them all. Whether it just waking up to the sun shining in my room, or the fireflies, or even the outdoors. Everything about it just makes me happy. I love getting off of work and going straight over to our lake and just swimming for hours. I think that the biggest reason I love summer is getting to swim, swimming is something I have always loved to do. Sitting in the sunshine just makes me happier and feel better, I couldn’t imagine life without summer. So many of my fondest memories were made in summer with evening pontoon rides with grandpa or grilling burgers out with the whole family. I could go on with why I love summer, but it is safe to say I can’t wait for it to come around again!
ReplyDeleteWC: 169
We all have many different favorites, as do I. This simple fact makes it very hard for me to pick a favorite to write about. I decided to write about a favorite hobby of mine, which happens to be competing car audio. I own a Soundqubed HDC4.0 18 inch subwoofer that is in a 6.7 cubic foot box in the trunk of my car. The subwoofer is powered by a Digital Designs m2b monochannel amplifier. I love going to competitions and listening to all the brain-rattling bass. I also enjoy getting to demonstrate my audio system for other spectators to enjoy. I love the intense feeling of nervousness and I pull my car up into the meter lanes. The judge opens my passenger door and places the termlab pro meter on the windshield, 6 inches about the dash board. I start my car; flip the switches that control the power to my amp and to my cooling fans. Then I rev the car to about 2,500 rpm and crank the bass knob all the way to 100 percent and sit as the 30 second session plays out. Competing car audio is my favorite hobby.
ReplyDeleteW.C. 194